Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Okay, I think I merged all the content related suggested by now as well
> as most spelling / grammatical improvements.  The current version is
> available on the named location.

I'm going to optimistically interpret this as "I'll merge your d-l-e
fixes later".

> I think content wise we are done; it's quite long for an announcement,
> but I think it's still okay.  So please give it an other content check,
> which I will add tomorrow.

Okay.  Three purely content-related issues.

> box support of CPU frequency scaling. For leisure time several new games have
> beed added including puzzle games as well as firt-person shooters. A notable change
> is the introduction of <q>goplay</q> a graphical games browser offering filters, search,
> screenshots and descriptions for games in Debian.</p>

But then there's a longer advert for goplay later on, repeating some
of this wording.  Trim one of the two (and do we really want to
mention two different music games, one of them awkward to refer to?)

[...]
> translated package descriptions which will automatically show the description
> of a package in the native language of the user if available. An other
> interesting feature introduced in the package management system is the use of
> differential updates for package index files.</p>

The i18n is new-in-Lenny, but rred support is old.  Is there some
other piece of i18n news that could go in here instead?

> many ways: support for installation from more than 1 CD or DVD has been
> restored, firmware required by some devices can be loaded by using
> removable media, security updates are installed before the initial
> reboot when available, and many other improvements. The installer boot
> process has also received many attention: a graphical menu can be used
> to choose desktop environments, frontends and select expert or rescue
> mode.
> The installation system for Debian GNU/Linux has now
> been translated to 63 languages.</p>

The downloads-before-reboot thing has been mentioned once already,
in with the other security improvements; mention Braille support
instead, maybe.