Re: Logo swap vote is bogus

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 03:17:42PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> I agree with everything that Branden has said, up to this point.  Here I
> don't think that Phil's message was an accusation of impropriety but a
> complaint of the whole process.

If that is the case, then I apologize to Phil Hands for my defensiveness.
While I may not personalize the outcome of the logo vote, I do personalize
the process itself, because I've only been trying to do things as I
understand the Constitution says they should be done.

> Also, i think he (and anyone, including
> someone in a position like DPL) has the right to suggest a vote and give
> his reasons for that bvote.

I agree, but campaigning makes me nervous.  In binding together the issues
of "vote this way" and "this whole vote is a sham" (or at least
ill-conceived), I think he's encouraging people to think sloppily about the
issue.  I could be wrong though.  I'm hardly an unbiased participant.

Again, it's not the vote outcome that concerns me so much as criticisms of
the process itself, which I take personally because it's this particular
vote which is at issue.  If Phil has a beef with the constitution itself, I
think that could be discussed separately from the initimate details of this
particular vote.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    A committee is a life form with six or
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    more legs and no brain.