Re: Translation of release notes

*Adam Di Carlo wrote:

	I'm sorry. I should have said "Press Release", not "Release Notes"

> I'd forward my reply to Joey as well, but I'm not sure which Joey
> you're talking about.
	Martin Schulze

He apparantly released this to the press in some way in germany.  If I
understand correctly, there was no "international" (english) press release.
Luis Gonzalez translated it into spanish.  There is a small thread on
debian-publicity.

> John> Debian 2.1, code-named "slink", was released not only for Intel
> John> x86 based machines, but also for Alpha, Motorola 680x0, and
> John> SPARC based machines.  The SPARC and Motorola distributions
> John> appear for the first time in this release.
>
> Incorrect -- the new arches were SPARC and Alpha.
	My fault, the german did not specify which were the two new ones.

> John> Debian is still based on the flexible .deb format. The powerful
>
> Why say "still" ?
	I'm not paid to think, just translate :-)
 (Maybe because people are adopting rpm)

> x86-centric.  Some shipped with the 2.0.35 kernels, some 2.0.34, some
> with 2.2.1 (sparc sun4u only).
	Yes, good point.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org