Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:02:14 PM EDT gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:23:42 +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > We are
> > perfectly capable of phasing out obsolete workflows without a
> > hammer like a GR (remember dpatch).
>
> Unrelated to the general topic but since you mention it: Yes I
> remember dpatch -- it's not phased out, I just encountered it a few
> days ago.

It's true it's not extinct, but it's close.  It's only used by several dozen
packages now.  If someone wanted to push to get dpatch completely out of the
archive this cycle, I think it would be perfectly reasonable.  The project has
voted with their feet.

Scott K