Re: Censorship in Debian

On 2019/01/05 23:24, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Military pilots of aircraft with ejection seats are limited both to a minimum
> and maximum height.  It's not fair that if that's your dream job that you are
> excluded because you are too tall or too short, but it just isn't economically
> or operationally feasible to develop, test, and maintain a wide variety of
> ejection seats to accommodate the full range of the human condition.
>
> All accommodations have practical limits.  In my reading of the Diversity
> Statement and CoC, I don't see that recognized and I fear how far it will be
> taken in the future.

I want to start off by assuring you that I understand what you mean, but
I can't think of an example of such a practical limit that would
currently apply to the CoC, can you?

The closest kind of example I can think of is if someone doesn't have
access to any kind of computer, it's kind of impossible to become an
uploading DD in such a case, and it's not that we're exclusionary, just
a practical limitation. However, I don't think that specific one is even
worth mentioning in a CoC, but if you have identified specific limits,
can you share them? A CoC can always be amended or at least some
annotations made to explain it.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage