Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)

Johannes Schauer writes ("Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)"):
> I think the thread has derailed here a little bit but I think that
> Lars and Tollef are aware that their proposals are orthogonal to the
> problem you brought up in your original message. I think this
> sub-thread is now about how to change the culture in Debian to one
> where we are (even more) more encouraging towards weak-ownership of
> packages. I took the liberty to adjust the subject line accordingly.

I (obviously) don't object to this.  But I would still like to see an
answer to the problem I originally posed.

Ian.