Re: questions about audit and budget processes

On 02/03/16 09:43, Paul Wise wrote:
> I'm not on the auditor team but...
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
>> a) the wiki links to different trust organizations, each of them publish
>> their own accounting records from time to time.  My understanding of the
>> delegation[2] is that the audit team should pull in the data from the
>> different trust organizations and prepare a single consolidated balance
>> sheet and P&L for Debian as a whole.  Does that happen?
>
> AFAIK the team has had trouble getting that data in a suitable form in
> recent years.

It would be sufficient to prepare a balance sheet with a disclaimer at
the bottom stating whether any figures may be stale or estimates.  It
could then be improved in subsequent years.

>> b) should some of the audit team's responsibilities be specified in the
>> constitution instead of the delegation?  There is already some stuff
>> about trust organizations and assets in there[3], that section would be
>> a good place to include some reference to annual financial statements.
>
> It would make sense to think about that after the team has managed to
> produce a financial statement for the first time.
>
>> d) several people have made requests for funding on this list recently,
>> is there a budget process for evaluating, prioritizing and approving the
>> requests?  Should they be submitted against a pseudo-package in the BTS
>> perhaps?
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/AskingForMoney
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/SponsoringGuidelines
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/Reimbursement

Thanks, I've created links from the audit team's wiki to those pages.