would like to contribute python code - any good projects

Hello, not sure if this is the right list. I'd like to contribute a
little Python coding...nothing huge, under 300 lines would be best. I
could either work with an established project or rewrite something.

One thing I recently discovered is python-debian. It has a nice
routine to parse deb822 files:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/deb822.5.html

another is running the deb tools commands and capturing the
output...for instance, running "apt-cache pkgnames" and using the
output in a script.

Thanks for any ideas. Also, would I be better off posting to debian-devel?