Re: [Proposal] GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 01:35:15PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > And, I strongly suggest you trim down both the
> > > number of options
> >
> > I will not vote on any GR with more than four options.
>
> Note that the number of options on a GR is not necessarily controlled
> by the proponent.  For example, the proponent could propose a GR with
> four options, but then some people who think the GR was a very bad
> idea propose a "rotten tomatoes" option as an amendment.

... and so I will not vote.

> So if you are to apply a rule of thumb like the one you suggest, you
> should apply it to the options proposed by the proponent.

I do not suggest this as a rule of thumb.  It was just a statement that
at least I seem to have a mental restriction to decide between more than
four options.  May be it is just me - I simply wanted to let others
know.  (Hey for what purpose did people invented the internet other than
share your personal point of view. ;-))

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--