Re: Updating the Policy Editors delegation

Le Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 04:21:52PM +0000, Ian Jackson a écrit :

> The policy editors' decisions on the contents of policy (or their
> failure to make such decisions) are subject to review by the TC, as I
> note above.  The TC may overrule the editors with a simple majority.

I still do not understand what is the problem we are trying to solve here.

The bottleneck currently is who is doing the work, and the way it is done for
the Policy is not so different as in other areas: we look for consensus, and
when there are more complains than positive reviews, progresses are difficult.

Said differently, it is easier to find somebody saying that something is not
good than somebody proposing a concrete improvement to the thing.  (I guess
this is also why the Debian website is still managed with CVS…).

We lose momentum because we are are too cautious in the amount of time we give
to people to react to answers.  If I had one change to propose, it would not be
about delegating or not, but about making people's objections void if they do
not answer to a rebuttal within 10 days.  Even something like “please wait
for my answer, I am busy”.  Otherwise, negative opinions become paralysing.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,