Re: Should mailing list bans be published?

expanding on this point of the OP,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 10:46:41AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
- It provides a reference point for newcomers to the Debian
  community to judge their actions by, to understand what kinds of
  things will get them banned from participation (although I expect
  few of the people who need such guidance will actually take
  advantage of it...)

and regarding the counterproposal below,