Re: OpenPGP keysigning: alternate encodings for fingerprint exchange

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:07:43AM +0000, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
> Tanguy Ortolo, 2013-06-28 11:58+0200:
> > * Esperanto;
> > * latin;
>
> Esperanto is a roman language
> that was designed as a candidate for an international language, and even
> if I do not know how to speak it, I am quite confident it should have a
> deterministic pronunciation too.

The pronunciation of esperanto is indeed perfectly deterministic, and
you actually have a bijection between sounds and letters. But
infortunately, this language is not ascii-encodable, as it uses
specific letters (ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ). That being said, they can be
written as ch or cx, which would solve the issue.

Mt

--
Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful.
                                   -- George E. P. Box