Re: Proposal #3: Upstream/Debian Project donations (was: PaySwarm-based donations)

So let's get this straight.

Step 1) Ask APT people if it belongs in APT

Get told to go to debian-project list

Step 2) Ask debian-project list if can put in APT

Get told doesn't belong in APT

Step 3) Fix proposal so it's not in APT, changes to package named 'donate', includes other non-universal payment standards to go with the only

universal one and therefore only possible candidate for consideration by the W3C, goes upstream as asked for, etc.

Finds out packages for PayPal already exist and that PayPal actually is our pal
Gets told not to swarm against PayPal lest it would make this a bought distribution
Get told to go tell another list
Gets told to go tell other lists (plural)
Gets told to change name of package to something less clear to the user

That about sum it up?

You'd almost think that we're speaking to the martyrs of Tanc-Dunc themselves, when the forces of good numbering in their millions,
with bellies full of food and wine, went on strike for lower wages and lived to tell the blogosphere. Friendly fire in the class war?

Witness the mad magazine style right wing humor and lack of any liberatory or critical theoretic message: http://dunc-bank.zoy.org/
A sign of well intentioned confusion IMO.

Any class analysis in there that makes this a radical critique of modern capitalist society?

Any class theory on offer by anyone else about Tanc-Dunc?

And before another of you tells me as just happened in a private thread about all the in-kind donations of code that were made (even as this VERY thread was going on mind you!), here's proof that
I contributed documentation while this thread was going on too:

https://github.com/venturecommunism/meteor-crowdfunder

And I didn't even dismantle it or make it harder to use intentionally to protect the users from being marketed to (or have their apt-cache searches turn up things that might allow them to do what they want),

In fact, here's an ad for it (created by a professional marketing agency no less!):

http://www.the-propeller-group.com/tvcc