Re: trademark policy draft - redux

Le Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 06:26:26PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> 5) demote the obligation that, when using the trademarks for commercial
>    purposes, one should advertise how much of the price will be donated
>    to the Debian Project. It is now a recommendation only

Thanks a lot, Stefano, for this change.  I think that it will strenghen our
position when asking to relax license clauses restricting commercial use for
some software we distribute or would like to distibute.

I have one final comment, not related to the above.  For understandable
reasons, the proposed trademark policy is quite insisting on not
misrepresenting Debian.  But how about parody and satire ?  Do we rely on fair
use regulations in each countries to allow them despite our trademark policy ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan