Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> The first step in being diverse is being *aware*.  You cannot be aware
> when you're blind.

And, just to point out how hard this is, as well as to further illustrate
the general point that any post pointing out a spelling error contains at
least one spelling error, this is a horrible metaphor.  My desire to make
rhetorical plays off of the phrase "gender-blind" don't justify using
disability as a metaphor for bad things.  And given that I know blind
people who are most certainly aware, I should know better.

I apologize.

(And thank you to the private email that very gently pointed this out.)