Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 03:39:27PM +0200, Luca BRUNO wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli scrisse:
>
> > What they propose is:
> >
> > - donating to Debian 25% of the income they make from inbound traffic
> >   that originates from Debian users if DDG is a search engine option
> > in a web browser
> >
> > - donating to Debian 50% of the same income if DDG is the default
> > search engine
>
> From a personal POV I'd prefer the first option, as:

I apologize for not having made it clear enough in my first message.

The second option (i.e. the 50% cut) is *not* currently on the table,
simply because DDG is not the default search engine in web browsers
shipped by Debian at present. What I'm proposing is to accept the 25%
cut that will originate from browsers we ship that have DDG as a search
engine option.

When (and if) DDG will become the default search engine in browsers
shipped by bu, we can think about the second option. But that is simply
not the case at present.

Cheers

PS I'll get back to other points in this thread later on, but I wanted
   to clarify this point in the meantime