Re: Greaat disappointment

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 01:55 +0200, Qactuar Rogue wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was planning on installing Debian on a new laptop that had Windows 7
> pre-installed.
> I was researching the methods of installation for two weeks
> (partitioning etc).
> Then right before beginning the disk wipe and later the installation
> I had problems deciding on my own for what kind of partition table to
> create
> and wanted to have feedback from somebody who has a comprehensive
> understanding on the subject.
> I went on IRC. Firstly I tried #Debian on irc.debian.org then I tried
> #Debian at chat.freenode.com
>
> I would like to express my greatest disappointment regarding the
> `helpfulness` of the people on the channel.
> On irc.debian.org everyone was a complete dumbass. On both channels I
> was told off for asking my questions by PMing someone
> who  replied to my posting on the channel.

That seems quite reasonable.  You have no right to expect free
one-to-one support.

> My nick was Ti-chan. You can research if you please.
> I did nothing, just kindly asked for help regarding partitioning.
[...]

And then, apparently, you started insulting people.

> I also considered investing into the Debian project by donating
> millions of dollars.
[...]

If you really have so much money to spare, consider paid support from a
consultant as listed under <http://www.debian.org/consultants/>.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings