Re: Report from Med@Tel / spreading the word about Debian

merge [🔎] 20110411134230.GG7763@onerussian.com [🔎] 1302527634.20259@techforce.com.br
thanks

> Should we identify ourselves as "foundation like" as Apache (for example)?

+1 on relevance although not sure about 'foundation'

> Debian Project is like a "multi-front" tech effort, stretching limits of
> collective useful work and something a "working umbrella" for more sub projects,
> while delivering a "flagship product".

Here we go -- Debian is a "flagship distribution" -- the mothership of
the majority of other GNU/Linux distributions out there.  Bending the
realm that Debian  is a foundation (and it is), and we have a "flagship
product".  Together with "foundation" they might become very catchy imho.

> Should we enhance visibility of the sub-projects (debian-desktop needs you) and
> Pure Blends?

+10

> Should we tell more about CUT and the Security Team and Release Team process
> improvements that could allow 5 year stable support?

yes

> Should not we be proud of doing the things "right way" instead of
> "share-holders-first way"?

yes... although according to maddog describing freedom to mortals is
much more difficult than describing the slavery, so we might like to
start from the opposite end somehow ;)