Re: buildd/porter/maintainer roles again

Hello,

2010/7/14, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
>> You can reassign bugs to multiple packages or use affects to indicate
>> that a bug affects multiple packages, so this isn't really a problem.
>
> What we really need here is the push method. If the information arrives
> directly on the porter mailing list it might be taken into account. With
> the pull method where people have to regularly fetch the information, it
> never works.
>
> While what your offer probably answers to this problem, I would be more
> happy with something based on tags as it is already for the security
> bugs. OTOH I don't know about the internals and haven't thought in
> details about the advantages and drawbacks of each method. I would
> already be happy with pseudo packages.

Just a suggestion, tagging the package, add an also affects a
'pseudo_package' and weekly forwards to porter lists?

I like the idea on have a list with the bugs, so whenever wearing
porter hat, porters and non porters might have a look to this list of
bugs.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón