Re: DSA meeting (Munich 3/9/10)

]] Stephen Gran

Hi Stephen,

First, I'd like to say thanks to all of you for maintaining the
debian.org infrastructure.  As a fellow sysadmin, I know how little
visibility we have, except when things go wrong.

| - monitoring: The DSA monitoring environment currently is reasonably
| successful.  However, it only monitors hosts on their IPv4 addresses.  Now that
| IPv6 is fairly widely deployed, we need to begin monitoring hosts on their IPv6
| addresses as well.  We discussed how to implement this as well as other small
| improvements to the management of our monitoring in general.

Do you have any thoughts on monitoring of «associated machines»?  I'm
thinking of Alioth and perhaps non-DSA-managed porter boxes.  Being able
to piggy-back on your monitoring setup might be worthwhile, but requires
you to be willing to do the legwork to make it possible.  I'm of course
thinking of having alerts sent to the local admin rather than DSA.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen