Re: Squeeze, firmware and installation

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:

> Using only 'free' software might make them happier, but the first thing people
> look for is less pain in the ass while installing and maintaining a system. We
> are not in a perfect world unfortunately, so blaming the hardware vendor is not
> the first option people choose. Using a just working installer is the option.

I can understand that. Sorry for not making it clear, but my point was
that since you're interacting with the people who are complaining to
you about non-free firmware missing from the default Debian install
media, you could be directing their ire (and more importantly
feedback) towards the hardware vendors.

BTW, what is your current response to such customer complaints?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise