Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:52:59AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

>In the former case FTP masters are wasting their time, in the latter
>case their role is indeed useful to "defend" our mirror tenants, but
>then copyright reviews must be *intensified*.
>
>Have we ever asked SPI lawyers about who is legally responsible for
>archive content?
>(Cc-ing leader, if we haven't, I'm asking him to do that.)

AFAICS we've always taken the view that the ftpmaster team are
responsible for the legality of the archive. I don't know if there was
ever any strict legal advice behind that view. I can ask if you want,
but we already have 2 questions in the pipeline with lawyers through
SPI so it may take a while to get a response.

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt