Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 06:45, Sune Vuorela<nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
>> I'm considering how we can get this decision undone.  Anyone up for
>> helping with that?
>
> count me in.

me too. Obviously we need to force the release team to talk with the important
teams in Debian. If i'd have to come up with a GR it would probably sound like
"While we appreciate the plan of fixed freeze cycles, the plan to start them in
December 2009 is not acceptable for the project. We ask the release team to talk
with all important teams (kernel, d-i, kde, gnome, ftp-master, dsa,....) to find
an appropriate date."

Of course its not easy to find a date which makes all teams completely happy,
but the release team should try to do so at least.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79