Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:21:21PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > I didn't think that using the templates was required for AMs, merely a
> > useful tool. I think AMs should be able to check to their satisfaction
> > in other ways as appropriate, as long as it produces a similar result
> > (you are happy that the candidate _does_ know all those things and
> > will probably get them right in practice).
>
> For example, my AM mostly did not use templates for my application.
> However, doing it that way is quite a bit more work for the AM.

True, especially given that the AM has to ensure that the applicant
conforms not only to the standards (s)he desires, but also to the
expectations of FD and DAM. It's not surprising that people prefer the
templates, given this situation, plus some extra tasks for the
applicant.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah