Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On 23/06/09 at 17:10 +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 04:45:10PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > I've been advocating people "too early" (i.e, I've advocated people so
> > that they could start NM, while in the meantime, I wouldn't have
> > advocated them for DM). The reason is that the "unassigned applicants"
> > list is huge, so, when considering whether you should advocate someone
> > or not, you basically have to wonder whether the person will behave well
> > when he gets an AM in 6 months.
> >

> I am surprised by this, it is you who set example in a blog post [1] that
> when you are ready, at least the AM step is quick.

Chris Lamb benefited from a lot of factors. He waiting a long time
before applying, so he couldn't have been more ready to be a DD. He was
assigned an AM after only a month of waiting, his AM was very active
at the time and prioritized his NM process quite high, so he
could do all the AM part in 1.5 month. So it only took him 2.5 month to
go from applying to being AM-approved. Then he waited almost 2 months
for FD approval, and another month for DAM approval. Which means:
- time spending answering questions: 1.5 months
- time spent waiting at various steps: 4.5 months

Also, the fact that if you are ready, the AM step is quick, doesn't mean
that if you wait before starting the process, you become a DD earlier ;)