... common grounds .... s/coersion/soft persuasion/g

Hi,  thanks

I do not know why I misunderstood the correct meaning of coercion....
  http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/coercion/
Now I know.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 05:07:43PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> > I am sick of seeing too many votes/policy-discussion/... to force other
> > volunteers to obey particular action patters.  Basic principle of this
> > project should be more inclusive one and volunteer one.  It should not
> > be a one of exclusion and enforcement.  Volunteer project should be
> > based on coercion.
>
> I don't think coercion is a good thing and I don't think that to ask

I agree :-)

I wanted to say "non-forcible soft persuasion" instead in here.

> other volunteers not to do particular acts is the same as "to force
> other volunteers to obey".  This is what I thought "Nothing in this
> constitution imposes an obligation on anyone to do work for the Project"
> meant.
>
> So, the rest of the argument falls because of the above mistake in the
> first step.  However, the conclusion:-

The incorrect choice of word (logos) lead me to bad logic.

> > Exclusion attitudes will only narrow our user/developer base and
> > benefits none of us whatever opinion we have.  We should thrive to find
> > common ground.
>
> shows that you can state a good conclusion despite a bad step.  Maybe
> that conclusion is a common ground?

Yes...

Osamu