Re: PATCH for spamass-milter to solve Debian list spam->bounce issue (Was:- Spamming the World through Open Debian Mailinglists....)

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> As you might have noticed, the unsubscribe already happens, fully
> automatically, by the list software, because it thinks one is
> bouncing because of the spams. (Above patch solves that bit).

Unless you're also bouncing lots of legitimate list mail, or are
subscribed to lists that send almost no legitimate mail, you won't be
automatically unsubcribed. The thresholds are set relatively high to
avoid this.

> it seems also that my setup does know how to figure out that it is
> spam but yours doesn't.

If you're running SA later on mails than we are, you'll catch dynamic
rules that have been added in between; the mail in question got 3.7
out of 4.

> That will really take care of your spam by adding a few more rules
> that are really helpful.

We already run a huge corpus of custom rules. See
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/FAQ for more information.

Don Armstrong

--
Miracles had become relative common-places since the advent of
entheogens; it now took very unusual circumstances to attract public