Re: FINAL call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 06:43:00PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> When sending email from role addresses, I think it's better if the real
> name of the person is used, together with the role address itself,
> rather than using the role name (which is alread embedded in the
> address). This gives you immediately information that otherwise you have
> to obtain from the {gpg,} signature.

I'd prefer a format similar to

 Role Name (Real Name) <role.address@example>

I personally have used

 Role Name c.o. Real Name <address@example>

in some non-Debian situations where I have acted in a particular official role
(the c.o. being "care of").

That way, it is immediately obvious that the role hat is being used (I for one
don't usually pay attention to the email address), while also  showing the
person behind the role.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/