Quote from Stephen Roberts (was: Filing bug reports in Debian)

Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> --
> Chris.
> ======
> I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
> than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
> possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
>                                            -- Sir Stephen Henry Roberts

No, that quote was not made by Sir Stephen Henry Roberts. (If you know
differently, could you please provide a reference?)

It was made by a Stephen F. Roberts, some time around 1994 or 1995
<URL:http://freelink.wildlink.com/quote_history.php>, though the
message itself seems to have escaped the archives of Usenet.

--
 \      “The process by which banks create money is so simple that the |
  `\     mind is repelled.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, _Money: Whence It |