Re: Darmstadt network downtime 2008-03-29 - affects lists and more

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:53:23AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> the Metropolitan Area Network Darmstadt (MAN-DA) will be working on
> their uplink fibers today, 2008-03-29 between 0630 and 1700Z.  All
> our machines in their network will be unreachable for this time.

A whole day of downtime, and six hours of advance warning - sounds like
bad planning? Will I be killed instantly for suggesting that we should
host stuff in places which have some better standards for these kinds
of things? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.