Re: Debian Maintainers

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 05:19:43PM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> How about improving the NM application process so that people don't have
> to spend 4 months waiting for an AM[1,2,3,4], or to have their accounts
> created [5,6,7,8], or to be approved by FD[6,7]. Then there might not be
> such a need for the DM concept.

There have been various requests for more restricted versions of
developer status for reasons unrelated to the length of time it takes to
get through NM.  These include things like a lack of desire to learn
about the range of issues covered by NM and being more comfortable with
limited permissions that reduce the possibility for harmful mistakes on
their part.