Re: The influx of women and the outflux of men. The end of debian as a distro and it's emergance as a women's rights pulpit.

also sprach Herman Robak <herman@skolelinux.no> [2006.06.10.1423 +0200]:
>  As to why I am writing this; I would like to anticipate some
> "anti-patterns" before things get ugly.  d-w needs to get as
> broad a part of Debian as possible to embrace the influx of
> women, not just silencing whoever voicing the angst they might
> have about it.  We guys need to hear what's in it to us, and
> believe it.  To paraphrase the CEO of a very rich company:
> "motivation! motivation! motivation!"

"developers! developers! developers!"

This ties in with what I've said to some of the d-w founders in
Helsinki: it's time for women to make a move to *all* the other
mailing lists and channels. I am only one of the many (male) people
whom I expect will support you. And with that I mean tell others off
for inappropriate behaviour, in public or private as appropriate, or
even flame them to hell, unless, of course, you'd like to handle
that yourself. :)

`. `'`

for years, we have thought that a million monkeys typing at a million
typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of shakespeare.
today, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true.