Re: About terminology for stable/testing/unstable

* Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org) [060501 10:10]:
> However, when looking at various original documentation we have in the
> project about this, it appears that some more consistency could be
> achieved. "distribution" is sometimes used (as in
> http://www.debian.org/releases/) but so is "suite" (for instance in
> most code) and sometimes "version"

I mostly read "the stable distribution" as an abbreviation of "the
stable suite of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution". So, it depends a bit
where you are: If you're only having one suite of the distribution in
your hands (perhaps even phyiscally, like a DVD), wording sounds more
correct if you speak about the stable distribution. If you however have
all suites together (like in katie), the term suite seems to suite
better.

Your summary seems to be consistent with these ideas in my mind.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/