Re: Debian Subscription

"Kevin Mark" <kmark+debian-devel@pipeline.com> wrote in message [🔎] 20060414064455.GD8156@debian.potter">news:[🔎] 20060414064455.GD8156@debian.potter...
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:35:41PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> The FreeBSD project has this kind of revenue generation. I can buy
> their distribution CDs. I can also buy user guide and administrators
> guide (books).

I've personally looked a little bit at getting some more user manuals
set up as in a print-on-demand fashion, but those would be available
at the publisher's cost only. (And you could of course download the
source code and print it yourself.)

Hi,
When Woody was still stable, I was able to email the pdf's of the
installation guide and debian reference to a specified email address of
the local Kinko's (US copy shop). I asked for b/w laser print/2 sided
output/with spiral binding and clear plastic covers. The cost was about
15-20 USD each.
Cheers,
Kev
Indeed. And now that fedex owns kinko's you have have it shipped back to you. They currently have a special printer driver for use with windows, that opens a wizard to
guide a user through the steps.
They also have a web interface.
I'm not sure if they support COD which would be ideal, but overall
kinko's is a great service for getting a hardcopy of something like the debian
refernce material.

If one wished to splurge They could go with the softcover book binding option. The only problem is the covers. For the book to look decent it should have a profestional looking cover. If softcover binding is used then having a printed spine is a nice feature also. Perhaps somebody can create covers and spines for the some of the Debian docs.