Re: Reforming the NM process

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
> The NM process may have been more lax and accepted DD which are nowadays
> causing problems due to their lack of social skills for example.
>
> Don't you think we have a right to improve by being more selective?

I don't think knowing a DD did NM tells you about social skills.

Of the five DDs writing expulsion requests that I've seen,
four did NM, and one of the two expulsion targets did NM too.
So it's mostly NM-DDs (*not* long-time DDs) whose "lack of
social skills" seem to be causing those severe disagreements!

Does the current NM process encourage newcomers with lots of
patience, high pain thresholds and/or bad procedure-use habits?

Personally, I think social skills are a long-term problem.
Most nasty nutters could play the nice guy until they get in.
It's how we deal with it happening.
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/