Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 07:27:52PM +0900, JC Helary wrote:
> >Which makes "Maintainer" unsuitble for translation maintainers how,
> >exactly?
>
> Because translators mostly don't "maintain" translations but plainly
> "contribute" translations.

Err, no. It is generally preferred that those who translated the
previous version of a given document will do the next version, too,
unless they specifically decide otherwise. In that respect, try running
"man podebconf-report-po".

> Ie. Translators mainly _translate_.

You are so mistaken. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about -- I
happen to be involved with the translation to Dutch.

--
Fun will now commence