Re: Linux Forums

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 01:04:19PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> So I think we should be very careful whether we officially adopt a web
> forum as part of our support.  If we did so, we will have to be present
> and mediate/moderate trouble.  It is a bit like #debian really, where at
> some place most DDs had left the channel to itself, which resulted in a
> bad reputation both for the channel and the project.

I agree with this 100%. For what it's worth, forums.debian.net is being run
by Jeroen van Wolffelaar and I've been trying to pitch in a little bit over
there too. It might not be official, but at least it's got some DD presence
currently and it could certainly use more. Fortunately, it's still small
enough that it doesn't have to deal with the problems of scale, so I don't
know if it'll end up any better than the ubuntu forums.

 - David Nusinow