the FSF's GPLv3 launch conference

Hi folks,

Don Armstrong and I are going to be at the FSF's GPLv3 launch conference[1]
in Boston, Massachusetts on 16 and 17 January.

Because the text of the first public draft is being held back until the
actual conference, there is as yet nothing to review.  (If there are
pre-release drafts in circulation outside the FSF, I'm not aware of it.)

The FSF, however, is not hosting this conference so that they can present
a new revision of the GPL as a fait accompli to a captive audience.
Rather, they want the community's feedback.  (See §1.4 of the GPLv3 Process
Definition document[2].)

To that end, I want to be as good a representative as I can be of the
Debian Project's views on the GPL -- what's good about it, what's not so
good, and what we'd like to see in a future revision.  I have therefore
created a page on our Wiki where our developers and users can share their
thoughts[3].

Please take the time to visit

  http://wiki.debian.org/GPL_v3_Launch_Comments

in the next week or so and share your ideas.

Thank you.  I look forward to representing the Project on this exciting
occasion.

[Followups set to -legal in the expectation that replies to this message
will have to do with licensing issues.]

[1] http://gplv3.fsf.org/launch
[2] http://gplv3.fsf.org/process-definition
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/GPL_v3_Launch_Comments