Re: Complaint about #debian operator

also sprach Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2005.12.10.1943 +0100]:
> Wow, talk about self-defeating attitudes. Do you have a d-i patch
> handy to turn away all new users from Debian?

No, of course I don't. And I was hoping my comment would be read
with a grain of salt. d-i is massively cool and it gets more usable,
even to "plain users" on a daily basis. But once you finished the
install, what then?

Ever compared a fresh Debian system with the Desktop (or whatever
its name is) task to a fresh Ubuntu install? Ever let a layman
compare them? I have not, but I've heard there are worlds in
between.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"for nasa, space is still a high priority."
                                                      - george w. bush