Re: new queue process tweaks

[Anand Kumria]
> Similiarly it would be nice if the Debian project decided to be more
> Morton-like, that is explicit acceptance or explicit rejection,
> rather than Linus-like (implied rejection) in its handling of
> things.

I agree when it comes to the correspondence with the official
positions in Debian, and not only the ftp-masters.  The person sending
a request to an official position in Debian, the DPL, the tech
committee, the secretary etc, desert an answer within a reasonable
time frame.  Even if the answer is short and undecided, it will at
least verify that the message was received.  In Norway, the law
require all government offices to reply within a reasonable time,
normally interpreted to mean within a month.

And the answer do not have to include much information.  An fun
example from a nice book with various correspondence with people in
official positions ("Til Saken! 2" by Jomar Engebretsen) include this
complete answer from the royal court: "H. M. The King has ordered me
to confirm the arrival of your letter dated May 30th".  The letter in
question proposed to run an election for the next king, to allow the
Prince off the hook as he didn't seem too happy about his future
task. :)

> To me, making the committment that a package is decided upon after X
> weeks (I'm suggesting 8), if there is no outcome pending it be
> referred

As I said, in Norway the government is required to give feedback
within a month.  I believe this is a good requirement for the
government to have, and suspect it would do Debian good too.