Re: non-free but distributable packages and kernel firmware

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 05:23:57PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> > Should this rather be GFDL-free ??
>
> I read it more like 'Give me what the FSF thinks is Free'.

Free what? The FSF openly admits that the GFDL is not a free software
license, and they aren't just playing stupid games about the
definition of 'software'. They have a definition of what constitutes a
free software license, and the GFDL fails it because it's too
restrictive.

They have never suggested any other definition of 'Free' for other
stuff, nor labelled the GFDL as 'Free' other than in its
name. Attempts to extract information on this subject are met with
dismissal.

So goodness knows what it could mean.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |