Re: Bits from the DAMs

also sprach Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> [2005.02.12.1426 +0100]:
> Why wouldn't they get a _Debian membership_ status like any other
> contributor? Isn't it unfair not to do so?

Every additional member with write access to the archive is an
additional threat to the integrity of the archive in case of
a developer gone bad or a compromised key; also, every additional
member is another to keep track of to make sure they don't go MIA.

Just my two cents. I think we should introduce a new state of
contributor: the person gets an @debian.org email address and voting
rights and even -private for all I care, but write access to the
archive should be restricted to developers.

We should push that people can contribute without being "second
class" or otherwise inferior. We should make sure that people want
to help but don't want to get flamed in the daily developer debates.

`. `'`