Re: Limiting number of post from a poster per day per list

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 07:39:29AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:52:26 +0100, Francesco Paolo Lovergine
> <frankie@debian.org> said:
>
> > I would simply propose to use our voting system more often. This is
> > the only true way to ensure that things would be not monopolized by
> > a few people who have time and energy and dialectical capabilities
> > to 'impose' their own opinions on lists. Last GR resolution about
> > the SC clearly showed that.
>
> 	Indeed, your insinuation that the average debian developer is
>  a brainless sheep to vote as dictated by the didactic raving of any
>  poster with "time and energy and dialectical capabilities" is pretty
>  insulting, and I can only hope is not spoken from experience.

Uh? I said that? Maybe we had a misunderstanding. I pointed the last
GR to say that DDs take a decision finally, after tons of messages and
threads in and off-topic. And every DD did that autonomously, of course.
I only did mean that the use of a voting system is the
only true tool of direct democracy, to ensure that majority (also a silent
one) has a direct voice. Discussions are useful to know opinions (and
you know, opinions are like ass holes, every one has his own),
but someone (i.e. the majority of DDs) have to take decisions after
discussions, else discussions are just words in the wind (and many
people wrongly think that who speaks as last one is right, and the
other ones are wrong :)).
Debian is essentially a direct democracy, so let us work as such
when needed.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine