Re: log on and password

Em Qua, 2004-03-31 às 11:13, Martin Schulze escreveu:
> The easiest way to get access to the installed system is by booting
> a Knoppix variant and erasing the root password.

Or, if you don't have such CDs, you can boot passing init=/bin/bash then
remount the root filesystem as read/write, edit /etc/shadow,
/etc/shadow- copying the password from an user you know the password, or
just leave it blank (I'm not sure if it's still possible), then remount
again as read-only and reboot...

example boot command...
LILO: Linux root=/dev/hda1 init=/bin/bash

# to remount as readwrite
mount -o remount,rw /
# to remount as readonly
mount -o remount,ro /