Re: official backport pool (Was: [VAC] 25 july - 26 august)

In article <[🔎] 20030727140625.20d1b4fc.jonas@jones.dk> jonas@jones.dk writes:
>On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:12:59 -0700
>Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
>> The third part is already in use for binary-only NMUs...
>
>Ahh - nice to know. Is that hidden in Policy somewhere, or just "common
>praxis"?

It's in the developer's reference, section 5.10.2.1.
(I'm in the NM queue, so I read that to answer my P&P questions.)

Since the binary-only nmu will be numeric, and you don't want one to
overwrite your backport, you could always use an aphabetic third part.
In practice, they seem to be rare.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html