Re: Debian Woody CD

On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 21:34, Joshua Levine wrote:
> Is there a current ISO Image of the woody distribution? I am new to
> debian and just wanted an all in one cd set that I could use to install
> multiple machines. Thanks for your help.
>
> Josh Levine
I really hate to contradict the other person posting, but you should
examine your use before you choose a dist.  Potato is so out of date it
isnt even funny anymore.  Really potato is only sutible for servers that
really need stability.  Anything else you should run woody.  Woody is
really plenty stable for use in workstations and most servers.  Also you
have to look at the software you will need and if potato even has the
correct version that you need.  I would personally go with woody.  He is
correct with the cdimage.debian.org.  I would recomend either buying a
cd from a distributor that makes contributions to debian, or use the net
install CD.  Having said that though, I only intstalled from the CD's
once and I have never used them again.  I always use the disks when
installing to a new machine.  I find it easier and just as good as the
CD's.  Also once you find a good pair of install disks, you can use them
on all your machines with no extra download even for the net install
disks.  Also you might want to post further inquiries to
debian-user@lists.debian.org That is the proper list for such
questions.  I hope you are able to install debian.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."