Re: debian ppc port

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 11:30:07PM +0100, xmb wrote:
> hello... im writing to debian-project cause my point is more for the
> project than users...
>
> im using deb 2.2r5 on a G3 266MHz desktop since a few months
> wasnt amazed, the mouse device didnt work, and X crashed the whole system
> while starting up
> and everywhere old stuff from at least ?99, and some packages are missing
> (pine, pico ect)

Pine and pico are available, in non-free as source. The license forces
us to do this.

> my point is makeing the deb ppc port better
> the "offer" (maybe not the right word, im still learning english) i can do
> is compiling packages from their sources and sending them to u, so u can
> include them in the next dists (i wont care if i compile even more than 2k
> packages, it will help deb!), dont let the ppc port die
> im actually pretty useless (too much free time, no job ect) and i wanna do
> something useful, and i think this would be very useful

PPC is far from dieing. Debian owns a dual G4 that autobuilds the entire
dist.

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '