Re: getty_ps

Christine Jamison <getty-info@mail.nwmagic.net> wrote:
> I am the official maintainer of "getty_ps", which several of your web
> pages refer to as "ps_getty".  I think it would be nice if you referred
> to it by the correct name, so as not to confuse people.  This is just a
> friendly suggestion. <nice smile>

Thanks.  Can you please point me to the URLs of the pages with
the incorrect references?

> Also, please note that the latest release of getty_ps is 2.1.0, and this

Please keep in mind that Debian has a release cycle longer than that of
the Linux kernel itself.  Therefore looking at the current stable Debian
release is always going to result in ancient versions.

Debian unstable on the other hand has had 2.1.0 for two years.

> Also, reciently a security bug has been discovered in this package, and
> a patch will be forthcoming.  If you would like notification when this
> patch is available, please provide me with contact info, and Iwill be
> *most* happy to contact you.  You can get copies of getty_ps at
> "ftp.ibiblio.org", or my web site "ftp.nwmagic.net".

Please contact me about this since I'm the Debian maintainer of this
package.

Cheers,