Re: RFD: Separate mailing list for users running testing?

Hi tluxt!

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, tluxt wrote:

> Actually, the more I think about what such a list should be about,
> and what it's name should be, the more I think we should have two lists:
>
> debian-woody-user
> debian-sid-user

It should be
  debian-user-woody
  debian-user-sid
 _or_
  debian-user-testing
  debian-user-unstable
if anything at all (I don't comment on the necessity as I don't read
-user currently).

The latter two having the advantage that we need not rename the lists
once woody gets stable and a new testing is forked.

The debian-user- naming scheme makes it more clear that those are
_user_ lists, born from debian-user (compare this to your favorite newsgroup
hirachy) and also sorts nicely.

					yours,
					peter

    messages preferred.    | : :' :    By professionals,