Re: How long until a deleted printer actually vanishes?

On Mon 28 Jan 2019 at 16:42:13 +0000, Brian Potkin wrote:

> > > You have confirmed Bug #911702. Do you fancy having a go at #911844?
> >
> > Ouch. Those two, and the upstream bug, and the lack of any
> > maintainer/upstream reaction looks very very frustrating.
>
> A little. But, in time, someone in a position to take action will
> notice and act. For the time being, cups-browsed, which will be on
> most Linux systems, saves the day. It's best to be pragmatic.

I suppose Good Things happen all the time. This is one of those times:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=911844#146

This mail is being sent because Marc experienced the Okular issue and
expressed an interest in it.

I do not use Okular but am glad it fits into the printing system more
sensibly now.

Regards,

Brian.